The VMware Cloud on AWSAutoscalerteam is part of our Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU). This R&D organization is responsible for vSphere, our Core Virtualization Infrastructure, andSolutions for Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud initiatives. As a member of our team, you will architect, design and build software to provide Availability and Autoscaling cluster features for virtual machines and containers. You will develop highly distributed and available SaaS layer that is highly scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant as well. You would work in an environment where innovation is fostered and encouraged. Come join the VMware Cloud on AWSAutoscalerteam and be a part of a team that will help build out the next stage career journey.
As a member of the VMCAutoscalerteam you'll be part of a bright engineering team that is working on some of cutting-edge Cloud features likeAutoRemediation, Elastic-DRS /Elastic Cluster and Multi-AZ. If you have a real passion for building cloud systems that are highly scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant, then you will fit right in.
You'll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems and take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects to springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You'll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world-class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent degree and experience working on similar industry technologies
• Strong coding skills in working with Java programming
• Must be motivated, detail-oriented, and the ability to thrive in a team environment
• Strong analytical skills, good judgment and passion for your work
• Industry experience involving design and development
• Experience with Cloud based services, Microservices, Cloud Computing or similar experience
• Experience developing distributed, multithreaded applications
• Exposure to container technologies, orchestrators, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm Mode, Rabbit MQ is highly desirable
• Cross-platform experience is desirable
• Knowledge of distributed systems, availability zones/fault domains
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top