VMware HCI BU is seeking anengineer to design and develop Storage Management software for Virtual Machine (VM) and Container workloads onvSAN, VVOL, Kubernetes, Docker and other emerging container technologies.
Our team's mission is to build storage management software to establish vSphere &vSANas the best HCI platform to deploy and manage VM and container applications.
- Design and Develop next generation storage management technologies for Cloud Native Storage systems to manage containerized workloads using Kubernetes, Docker, and other emerging container technologies.
- Design and Develop Storage Management features in vSphere and VSAN - Storage Policy Based Management (SPBM), First Class Disks (FCD), ESX and vCenter (VC) Storage.
- Design and Develop storage management software to manage container technology for running stateful, data intensive applications such as databases and modern cloud native applications.
- Mentor and lead a strong team of developers
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Experiencedesigning and developing software for large scale distributed systemsusing Java
- Strong background in object-oriented design and programming
- Must have deep knowledge of scalability issues and multi-threaded programming in mixed Windows and Linux environment
- Experience coding in C++, Go and Python programming languages is highly desirable
- Experience developing software for managing Storage or containerized workloads using Kubernetes, Docker and any other emerging container technologies is highly desirable but not mandatory
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top