Backend Developer for Cloud Security application
- Sofia, Bulgaria
We are a hard-working team, building SaaS platforms to deliver the future of cloud security and governance. We live and breathe distributed systems, horizontally scaled microservice architectures, graph data models, security-focused data analytics and data science, cloud services, and high availability designs all with integrated instrumentation and logging. We are seeking creative and capable problem solvers and critical thinkers with growth mindsets to join us. Our team is growing and you will have the chance to get in early and grow while sharing responsibility for the full lifecycle of delivering SaaS products. While we have a high bar for quality and performance, we also foster a work environment that is balanced, fun, and fulfilling.
Secure State is looking to add a capable senior backend systems engineer to our team. You will make expert decisions on pivotal technical and design choices based on operational requirements, constraints of our current product and product roadmap. Subsequently, you must be able to design, write and deploy mature services into a public cloud and Kubernetes-based SaaS. Your work will involve both horizontal scale and data ingestion and storage challenges. We will look to you to promote and sustain a culture of engineering excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement API contract and storage layer for new microservices.
- Instrument logging, metrics, dashboards, and alarms for services.
- Deploy new services into the existing Kubernetes cluster environment.
- Establish unit and integration test foundation for services.
- Lead and mentor other developers working on these services.
- Create connected graph data models for cloud providers.
- Author and develop efficient graph queries on graph data models.
- Quickly gain and add to the team's proficiency in our core technologies.
- 5+ years experience with compiled language Golang/Java/C++.
- 5+ years experience with various database technologies: SQL/Dynamo/ElasticSearch/GraphDBs.
- Proven experience with concurrency at scale.
- Multiple examples of stateless horizontally scaled microservice design.
- Deployment experience with Kubernetes and AWS infrastructureis an advantage.
- Experience with using and deploying public cloud services with AWS/Azure/Google is an advantage.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior developers in a positive culture.
- Ability to define technology roadmap for new or existing services.
- Ability to author, propose and defend design and implementation plans, and deliver to the plan.
- Ability to partner with Product Management to define and prioritize technology deliverables.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top