- Bangalore, India
The Applications Developer will be part of IT development team that caters to Demand to Quote business functions and Professional Services at VMWare. He / She should be a full stack developer. He / She will be responsible for the analysis, design, development of applications based on the business needs using .NET technology stack and UI technology stack. The candidate should have exceptional technical skills in development and integration tools such as Mule or Boomi or queuing systems. Exposure to UI technologies like React and Angular is required. Hands on experience on complex SQL queries would be preferred. He/she should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In this role you will embrace and adhere to IT standards, processes and methodologies.
- Actively participate and work with business analysts and business teams to understand and document technical requirements for projects, enhancements/ features and integrations
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Design and develop applications using .NET technology stack,
- Write/consume webservices using REST and SOAP webservices
- Write complex SQL queries.
- Write and execute unit tests cases for the developed functionalities
- Research newer technical capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Ability to work in a global cross-functional environment to help support and enhance business systems
- Ability to plan and execute tasks in a structured manner
- Able to work, collaborate and contribute in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills or experience
- Logical/Perceptive, problem solving, detail oriented, solution oriented
- Follow set processes. Find gaps and suggest improvements.
- Independent self-motivated, ability to learn on the job
- Able to generate innovative ideas, solutions.
- Research opportunities to leverage VMWare technologies
- Knowledge of SDLC processes and tools, Iterative Design & Prototyping (Agile)
- Must have experience preparing technical specifications, detailed design documents and developing test cases
- Experienced in development methodologies and software delivery lifecycle
- Should be good in technical documentation.
- Should possess debugging skills and code management (Code Reviews and Coding Standards development)
- Any knowledge of Changepoint Application is added advantage
- Bachelor's degree in CS or Equivalent with 3+ years relevant technical experience.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top