Application Developer - Workday
- Bangalore, India
Application Developer - Workday
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. VMware software powers the world's complex digital infrastructure. Our cloud, networking, security, and digital workspace solutions form a digital foundation that delivers any app on any cloud to any device. We streamline the journey to become digital businesses for more than 500,000 customers and 20,000 partners worldwide. VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 25000+ passionate people we employ in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
VMware IT HR, Legal & REW Group
VMware's IT-HR group supports VMware HR, Legal and REW function with platforms and systems capabilities. We are transforming our software delivery practices to bring in greater agility. We also use mobile and IoT technologies to deliver new digital experiences for employees, customers and partners.
You will team up with a geographically distributed team of Engineers, Product Managers, QE and DevOps staff in Bangalore, Palo Alto, Austin and Costa Rica. You will bring your technical experience / expertise in web-based/mobile applications development and drive the adoption of standard methodologies as we build a scalable platform for HR, Legal and REW requirements.
· You love applying technical expertise to significant programming and design
· You love working with some of the best engineers, product managers and architects around the world
· You normally set high standards for yourself and strive to excel and to innovate
· Participate in requirements gathering sessions for new system requirements or enhancements to existing systems for HR applications
· Design, configure and partner with the project team to develop, test, and deploy solutions, including integrations.
· Support integrated testing strategies and coordinate testing efforts with end users
· Drive application development within IT
· Work with the geographically distributed team comprised of Architects, Functional SMEs and Quality Engineers.
· Be willing to learn about existing IT platforms as well as new market offerings in this domain
· 4-year degree (minimum) in Information Systems or related discipline
· 3+ years of workday development experience
· Hands-on technical experience with Workday HCM suite (including Workday Studio, EIB, report writer, custom reporting, calculated fields, XSLT, Workday Security, core connectors, document transformation)
· Exposure to web service technologies (REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, PGP, SAML, etc)
· Workday integration and studio certifications
· Exposure to DevOps practices and CI/CD
· Ability to work effectively under time-critical deadlines and handle competing priorities
· Organizational skills, high attention to detail, and superior time management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
Nice to Have Experience
· Experience in developing and maintaining consumer-facing web or mobile applications
· Open source code contributions
· Experience with iPaaS such as Boomi and Informatica
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top