Application Developer, MDM
- Bangalore, India
MDG - Application Developer
This role is responsible for the implementation & configuration of Master Data Management solutions to address business needs. This individual will help deliver Requirement analysis technical initiatives as part of a multi-year master data management (MDM) program Customer master domain.
• Help drive the delivery & configuration of the MDM solution in a hands-on manner (UI, business rule and workflow changes)
• Provide technical support for the Master Data Management (MDM) platform, inbound/outbound data integration (ETL, maintenance/tuning of match rules and exceptions, data model changes, executing and monitoring incremental updates).
• Understanding the technical designs, working on technical solution. Understanding and working on logical and physical Data modeling to support Enterprise Master Data Management system.
• Engage with across IT and the business for cross-functional and technical coordination of data inputs.
• Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
• Strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
• HandsOn • Problem Solving • Communication • Technical Competence/Expertise • Customer Focus • Conflict Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• At least 5 - 8 years of IT experience within a Fortune 500 or similar IT environment experience strongly desired.
• Implementation knowledge, technical implementation in MDG. Preferably Customer master data management.
• Working experience with at least one major SAP platform such as SAP MDG, BODS, DQM, ABAP.
• Hands-on or equivalent experience with conceptualizing, designing and configuring MDG, Customer Hierarchy, Governance, business rules for complex business processes preferably in B2B.
• Added Plus having experience in Fiori, SAPUI5 and HANA.
• Technical expertise in MDG.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Consulting experience preferred • Bachelor's Degree required • Experience in APIs, data services, application integration and middleware PI/PO layer.
• Hands-on experience with UNIX, SQL and Java script is Preferred.
• Strong knowledge of ABAP Object Oriented Programming, ABAP Workflow, Standard Data Model Enhancement, Custom Data Model Creation.
• UI Modelling, Enhancement UI configurations, MDG error handling, MDG Consolidation, field property changes, validations and derivations.
• Data Replication Framework (DRF) Experience on MDG Data Replication framework, IDOCS and PI (basics) SAP Authorization Concept (basics).
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, and working with consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top