Android Engineer, Boxer team
- Sofia, Bulgaria
We are seeking an Android Developer to join the Boxer team. Boxer is an enterprise email client that hundreds of thousands of people depend on daily, installed on millions of mobile devices around the world.
We are constantly looking to improve the email experience. In each release, we aim to make Boxer more useful for our users and add features to match new Android capabilities.
We are passionate about delivering high quality and highly secure product. You will work on a product that users see throughout their day, as they read and respond to email. You will work with a highly motivated and dynamic team of 6-10 people and report into a Manager/Senior Manager.
You will have the opportunity to participate in all phases of the software development process.
You will take ownership of product quality, user experience, and security - every member of the team is responsible for delivering a best-in-class product that users love.
Design, build, and test product features and components, while working with our security and UX teams to ensure that Boxer is both secure and delightful to use.
You are expected to help maintain and improve our automated test suite and CI pipeline.
You will participate in code reviews and design reviews for building a robust and scalable product that does not require rework.
You will play an active role in debugging and addressing critical product issues. Our product is critical to our customers, and every developer will cooperate with our support team to make sure our customer needs are met.
Personal growth is important to our team. We want our team to be constantly learning and staying up to date with the latest Android technologies, libraries, and frameworks. You will receive educational budget and time to continue to get better at your craft. You will be working with highly skilled senior engineers and architects who will always be there for guiding or mentoring whenever required.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and different versions of Android.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, Material design guidelines, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android components and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Highly proficient in object oriented methodologies, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and quality coding skills, excellent debugging skills.
- Experience working in Git, Stash, Jira and other productivity tools.
- Experience in building and debugging network driven apps is highly valued.
- Knowledge of Exchange ActiveSync is a plus.
- Familiarity with DevOps will be helpful.
- Excellent command over the English language - verbal and written. Good Interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Kotlin is helpful.
- Work experience in an energizing environment, following agile practices.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies. Be able to address issues fast and authoritatively.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands.
- Having a creative mindset and decision-making skills is essential.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives.
- VMware is always looking for ways to promote and inspire innovation. So, come build your dream with us.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Friendly policies to support Work-life balance, team building and celebrations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top