- Bengaluru, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 30,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today
Designation: Alliance Manager
Experience : 8+ Years
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT with multi-cloud, app modernization, digital workspaces, virtual cloud networks and security as fundamental technology platforms. Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. We are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new possibilities for people and our planet. Our software forms a digital foundation that powers the apps, services, and experiences transforming the world.
About the Role
We are now looking for an individual to take ownership of developing and executing a scalable approach to strategic partnerships, partner services and sales development including go-to-market strategies. This role will be specifically focused on establishing a partnership with the IT consulting organizations (Big 4 consultants & niche consultants focused on IT advisory around multi-cloud adoption, application modernization, digital workspace transformation, virtual cloud networks & cyber security) and who can act as potential strategic alliance partners.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the consulting organisations, as well as individual consultants who work with their end customers in India in an advisory capacity for their digital transformation journeys.
- Amplify VMware's global priorities through an enablement & governance approach in order to create a mindshare with these partners on VMware's Solution platforms. Gain thought leadership with these organisations in VMware's solution areas. Help build consulting and services practices around these areas.
- Build & deploy a successful partner profitability model with these consulting partners through VMware's partner programs and incentive mechanism.
- Map the consulting organisation across affiliated practices and create an enablement roadmap supported by continuous interactions on the VMware product portfolio. Ensure that the VMware portfolio is considered as a viable option that they can propose to their customers, as part of their advisory assignments.
- Define and lead VMware's Partner Rules of Engagement operating model with the strategic Consulting partners.
- Ensure that the key stakeholders within these partner organisations are completely aware of VMware's solutions roadmap, vision and go to market strategy.
- Be aware of the ongoing consulting assignments that the partners would undertake and facilitate technical workshops and sessions to ensure that VMware's solutions portfolio is well represented and considered, as part of the overall recommendations.
- Liaise VMware's sales teams with the Partners on account interlocks as well as opportunity specific engagements.
- Strict adherence to the compliance norms and VMware's business values (EPIC2). Ensure that all transactions & programs are executed within the prescribed compliance norms of the organization.
- Business Development: Develop trusted relationships with partners based on strong business metrics.
- Relationship Development: Ensure that partners (especially the relevant practice teams and C-level Executives are kept fully informed on all relevant VMware initiatives, activities and product and solution developments through regular updates. Provide Partners with training on VMware products and services
- 8+ Years of work experience in the IT industry, with a minimum of 4 years in Strategic Alliances, preferably for Software solutions / Cloud Solutions.
- Understanding of the Consulting organizations (Big 4 + Other niche IT Consultants) & a prior experience working/liaising with these organizations as partners.
- Experience of managing the alliances/consultant ecosystem to understand their offerings in the marketplace and ability to build joint value proposition based on the understanding of VMware offerings for the end customers.
- Experience working in a high growth environment and the ability to stay ahead of the growth curve.
- Ability to run enablement programs and help build service practices with partner organizations.
Below are the key competencies we would look for to successfully deliver on this role:
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Managing Change and Agile Thinking - adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning - Able to see and communicate the big picture. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Creativity/Innovation - Generates new and innovative approaches to challenges, addressing gaps and identifying accelerators.
- Communication - speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication including email.
- Organization and Planning - plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Enthusiasm - Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Honesty/Integrity - Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintain confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Persuasion - Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Favoritism and Annoyance of Any Kind and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top