Agile Project Manager
- Bangalore, India
Agile Project Manager :
At the heart of VMware, project management is an understanding that it should be collaborative, communicative, and focused on outcomes and that ongoing communication and collaboration with the client is the best way to achieve those outcomes. Building a solid client and team relationship with honesty, regular communication, and visibility into what's happening on the project helps build shared ownership of the project. This results in a shared effort to manage and mitigate risks and issues and keep the project moving forward in the right direction.
As a Project Manager, here's what you can do at VMware :
- Innovate and lead the industry on thinking on how successful projects are managed and structured and helm the new thinking in Enterprise Agile transformation, Lean, and Continuous Delivery
- Partner with clients to formulate and deliver exceptional business value through process change and software and modern platform delivery
- Support and inspire incredibly talented delivery teams
- Orchestrate the design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications and platforms that use a wide range of the latest technologies
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you are passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Shape the future of VMware by leading and/or contributing to communities within VMware
- Freely voice your ideas and views as part of continuous open and passionate debate on every topic from the merits of Kubernetes to DevOps
- Be a part of an organization committed to social responsibility as it is to technology and innovation
Here's what you'll bring:
- A broad enterprise-wide view and understanding of business processes and drivers
- Knowledge and understanding of the Cloud Native ecosystem and practices.
- 3+ years experience in managing software delivery projects
- 10+ years of experience in systems analysis on the development of new and replacement application projects
- Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software and platform solutions that truly transform industries
- An understanding of traditional development approaches and the ability to compare and contrast the benefits of each
- Experience with Agile Delivery Methodology and helping teams explore, adapt and optimize Agile-Lean processes, principles, and practices
- A disruptive attitude towards technology innovation
- Collaborative and un-hierarchical work style. (Not sure if that's you? Ask yourself how easy do people find it to work with you.)
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. So whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a time, you thrive at adapting to changing environments.
General Responsibilities :
Our PM practices attempt to be as lightweight as possible and as agile as possible (lightweight and agile are not the same thing!). The constant evolution of best practices means we continue to learn as we go, but the general activities and responsibilities of a Project Manager stay reasonably consistent.
- Work with our clients to understand their needs and challenges and formulate the delivery road map and project plans required to support their business strategies and goals.
- Understanding and communicating project vision, objectives, scope and priorities to teams
- Building a collaborative relationship with client stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks collaboratively
- Tracking project status and progress, to provide this visibility to the client and the team
- Removing obstacles (e.g., hardware, tools, resource constraints)
- Managing budget and tracking to actuals with regular reporting to the client
- Managing invoice payments and time & expenses
- Project onboarding for new teams and team members
- Project ramp down and offboarding, including project retrospective and lessons learned
- Formulate and manage release & delivery plans
- Look after the day-to-day well-being of your team
- Build positive team dynamics and relationships between VMware and client staff; remedying any dysfunction, to maintain a healthy and productive VMware community when at a client site
- Maintain, and deepen where possible, existing client relationships to yield continuing opportunities for VMware.
- Capture innovations, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them with the wider VMware community
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top