Accessibility Test Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
At VMware, good accessibility starts with good design. The Accessibility team is part of the Design Platform team that encompasses Design System, Design Ops and Visual Design. We work cross-functionally across the design organization and across the entire VMware product suite building accessible foundational components, patterns, guidelines, and programs for efficiency, consistency, and scale.
To further these goals, VMware is looking for a hands-on testers to help drive our Accessibility Compliance Program championing our goal of innovative accessible and inclusive products for all our customers around the world.
You Should Be Able To
As a testing member of the Accessibility team, you will be responsible for supporting our Accessibility program focusing on ongoing VPAT compliance and remediation. This is a critical part of our global product development process to insure we strive for best practices within industry accessibility standards. You will work across our product organization and suite of VMware's products from compute and cloud to networking and security. You will be directly contributing to our goal to build accessible products for everyone.
- Perform hands-on accessibility testing using multiple forms of assistive technology
- Coordinate with product teams and business partners to prioritize accessibility defects for remediation
- Display knowledge of current and evolving regulations including Section 508, WCAG 2.0 AA and 2.1 AA
- Author ACR/VPAT assessments.
- Align with program management and release management teams continually improving the compliance process including scheduling and planning of testing and remediation
- Effectively communicate program execution status, accomplishments and risks to leadership
- Have experience in collaborating and building relationships with stakeholders across a large organization with competing priorities and demands to align efforts and gain adoption.
- Experience in hands on accessibility testing with multiple forms of assistive technology
- Familiarity with US and global government laws in highly regulated industries
- Highly self-motivated and directed professional with keen attention to detail
- Strong business and technical understanding
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, agile environment to prioritize and meet timelines
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail, strong organization and follow-up skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively work with all stakeholders and customers to improve data and business processes and to negotiate priorities.
Great If You Also Have
- Ability to translate designs into instructions that developers can use to execute accessible software implementation
- Experience with accessible web design and development
- Ability in facilitating specialized user research with users with disabilities
- Accessibility-related certification (508 Trusted Tester, CPACC, WAS, inclusive/universal design, ADA Coordinator)
- Project Management or Change Management certification
- Knowledge of existing VMware products and services
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) products and services
We're a dedicated team that moves fast, upholds Accessibility, Design, and Engineering quality; values consistency and simplicity and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We're the organization to "get it done" together. We're not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together as a team and an organization.
We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top