Academy Program - New Graduate Technical Sales Rep
- Austin, TX
VMware recognizes that today's students are tomorrow's trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware Academy Program
VMware invests for the future in VMware's Sales and Customer Experience Support organization through the Academy Program. This opportunity will allow you to complete an extensive training program that involves sales, technical and product training.
This global development program is for university graduates who aspire to become the next generation of leaders in our Worldwide Sales and Customer Experience Support organizations.
The Academy expects to offer you:
- Mentoring, coaching and sponsorship for career development.
- Effective communications training to ensure good customer interactions.
- Customer and partner facing activities and tasks, providing real-world experience.
- Commercial and technical presentation training.
- Hands-on training in leading edge VMware technology, highly passionate in the IT industry.
- We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and good communication skills.
Roles within technical sales could include:
- Technical Account Manager (TAM): You will build and maintain relationship with VMware's customers that have real passion for technology and the opportunities that it can bring to our life. At those customers, you will be a major focal point for everything that is related to VMware for different teams and levels from the most technical to the most senior executive. You will escort and guide them in their journey to be market leaders by using newest and most advanced technologies in information technologies. You will also play a key part in representing your customers in VMware, sharing their experience and wishes with the account teams, support and product managers, helping to draw the shape of our products and contribute your point of view for our shared success.
- Associate Consultant: The Associate Consultant will work with our highly talented and experienced Customer Experience and Services Team to deliver creative solutions to our customers to help unlock the benefits of our VMware products. In this role, you will use your technical, consultative, communication, and leadership skills to support the successful implementation of VMWare software solutions (Cloud, Mobility, Network/Security) in a variety of industry verticals and customer environments. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the client and other team members on the day-to-day tasks involved with the solution delivery, including, but not limited to: planning, customer assessments, system configuration, testing, training, troubleshooting, and technical issue resolution. VMware does not sponsor immigration for this role.
- The Academy Solutions Engineer (SE): You will grow to support VMware Sales and VMware Partner representatives and is responsible for finding opportunities to align VMware solutions with the customer's business needs and IT initiatives. The role requires an understanding of hybrid cloud, configuration and compliance management, application discovery, provisioning and VMware virtualization and application technologies. The Associate requires the ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences within the US Private Sector. Upon joining the company, you will go through a structured, formal training program, building a basic level of VMware and industry knowledge. Academy SEs will shadow other SEs and Technical Services personnel, reinforcing and putting into practice the acquired knowledge. Successful Academy Graduates may be assigned field roles that includes approximately 25% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Business in Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Instructional Design, Information Security, or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a customer facing environment
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software related issues
- Strong Analytical skills
- Hands on IT experience from either Internships, Co-Ops, Work Experience and/or Projects
- Technical knowledge
- Must have the ability to start in July 2021
- Travel may be required depending on specific role
- Prior client-facing work experience
- Experience using VMware products
- Experience with web or application development
- Experience with the development of Integrated Solutions
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top