2021 New Grads - software developer - OCTO Cloud Native Lab
- Beijing, China
The Cloud Native Labs (CNL), OCTO at VMware R&D China brings in incredible new innovations around Cloud Native initiatives to the VMware portfolio and the technology community. The missions of OCTO include incubation and development of innovative projects in emerging technology areas, and evangelism of cutting-edge technologies in Chinese and global communities.
We are seeking an experienced architect or developer, who will build projects and solutions based on cloud native, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies and VMware product family. The ideal candidate is familiar with cloud native application development, AI/ML and has a strong skill of coding and debugging.
- BS or above in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Leading and architecting experience on cloud native technologies such as container and Kubernetes.
- Industry work experience and hands-on development. Experience in designing, architecting, and delivering machine learning platform is a big plus.
- Significant experience working with at least one modern language such as Golang, Python, Java including object-oriented design.
- Solid knowledge of fundamental data structures, algorithms, and other computer science basics.
- Experienced in artificial intelligence and machine learning. Familiar with frameworks and projects, such as Kubeflow, Tensorflow, PyTorch, is a plus.
- Knowledge on data center infrastructure. Experience on GPU, FPGA, RDMA and related machine learning infrastructure is a plus.
- Familiar with open source community, contribution to open source projects is a plus.
- Excellent English and communication skills and capability of cooperating with remote peers.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top