VSAN Commercial AE - West
Job Description: Accounts Executive, HyperConverged Software, Commercial/SLED VMware
VMware is continually looking for top talent with the following skills:
The HCS Account Executive is responsible for selling VMware’s Software-defined Storage product(s) to Commercial, Education, State and Local accounts, leveraging an extended team that includes VMware’s core sales force, SEs, OEM partners and channel partners. This includes prospecting, developing, forecasting and closing opportunities directly and through channels. This extended team is driven to a common goal within an assigned territory. HCS is a key component of VMware’s Software Defined Data Center strategy. HCS enables customers to achieve the agility, flexibility, and cost savings required to keep up with modern IT requirements. With our product, virtualization environments can achieve a dramatic increase in performance, up to a 90% reduction in storage, and the ability to abstract & simplify storage. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly growing business within VMware. The SDS sales team will work in coordination with VMware’s core sales team + VMware’s partner network.
- Responsible for selling the HCS product line within an assigned territory
- Drive account portfolio sales strategy and focus on a given territory and establish sales cadence with the corporate account team
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to forecasting to closure
- Adopt account portfolio sales strategy leveraging channel partners
- Prospect new opportunities for SDS within an assigned territory
- Match the HCS solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of HCS
- Work closely with SEs, Storage Architects, IT Administrators and senior IT executives to successfully move each opportunity through the customer’s evaluation process
- Participate in the development, presentation, and sales of our HCS value proposition
- 3+ years of experience in related software industry
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience leading a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Ability to operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations
- Must have experience in selling platform products, such as Virtualization, Operating Systems, SAN systems, Databases, and other enterprise infrastructure
- Industry expertise in storage, especially experience in selling to virtualization and storage personnel in enterprise IT departments
- 3+ years of experience selling storage systems and software to Commercial or Enterprise class accounts
- Proven track record of successful selling in a highly competitive environment
- Experience in strategic and value selling in dealing with six or seven figure transactions.
- Experience in winning net new accounts as well as upselling to the installed base
- Proven experience to penetrate new “green-field” accounts and establish relationships at the C-level or with relevant stakeholders within accounts
- Able to manage a high-volume, transactional business with many deals being developed and closed simultaneously
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
Travel: 40-50% travel
Why work for our Division:
Why work with our Group:
San Francisco, CA, US
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top