Staff Network Engineer
VMWare is seeking for a Staff Network Engineer.
- Maintain existing network configurations and dependencies to include R&D primary infrastructure and R&D private networks.
- Participate in change control meetings, review changes – determine risks, modify as needed, implement or assist other with completing approved changes.
- Monitor network usage, capacity, and performance.
- Perform advanced configuration and troubleshooting on firewalls, routers, switches, traffic optimizers, and load balancers
- Supplement and support existing network designs and participate in new design configurations.
- Identify and isolate issues with complex network scenarios involving the hardware and the interconnections used for both LAN and WAN.
- Assist R&D with initial designs and design changes
- Maintain network diagrams
- Provide technical guidance and coaching
- Work closely with IT for network integration and support.
REQUIRED PLATFORM PROFICIENCY:
- Platforms: Catalyst 4500, 6500, 3850, Nexus 7K, 5K, 3K, 2K
- Expert-level experience with: SVIs, Spanning-Tree, Etherchannel, Routing, VDCs, VPCs, FEXes
- Platforms: ASR 1001X, 1002X, 9001, 6001/6004
- Expert-level experience with: Routing, clustering, Route-Maps, Policy-Based Routing
- Solarwinds & DCNM
- BGP (iBGP/eBGP), IGP (OSPF, EIGRP), PBR, VRF, VSS, Multicast, QoS, VoIP
- IPSEC, GRE, SSL-VPN
- AAA, PKI, SSL/TLS, 802.1x
- Network Management (Cisco Prime, PRTG)
Why work for our Division:
VMware IT provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity for internal business partners and external customers. The VMware IT organization provides two distinct, yet compatible functions. The IT team enables productivity and supports all employees; the organization additionally supports the company in its growth as the global leader in cloud infrastructure by developing and showcasing VMware products and technology. Working in tandem, these two functionalities reduce IT complexity and cost, both within VMware and for its customers.
Why work with our Group:
Wenatchee, WA, US
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top