Sr. Systems Engineer, vCloud Air Network
Sr. Systems Engineer, vCloud Air Network
Cloud Software Provider BU
The Sr. Systems Engineer supporting the Cloud Provider Software Business Unit in support of the vCloud Air Network service will be responsible for providing in-depth technical product overview, roadmap and prescriptive guidance to Services Providers to enable them to go to market with public facing cloud service offers built on VMware Cloud solutions and architectures that drive revenue through VMware product usage (subscription licensing). The individual will interface directly with the service provider technical product Teams as a trusted advisor and assist in leading and managing the Service Provider technical agenda as part of the VMware relationship. The individual will also assist to escalate support requests as needed as well as encourage participation in VMware beta program opportunities. In addition, the individual will also drive communication best practices with VMware product Teams and SME’s to provide relevant Service Provider product feedback that will contribute to VMware product roadmap features and capabilities.
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management and illustrate relevant Service Provider use cases for VMware products.
- Drive the adoption and Usage of VMware products and Cloud Solutions within strategic Service Provider accounts.
- Provide expert technical and business pre-sales support for strategic opportunities involving VMware management tools and integration into existing management and monitoring systems. Assist in technically managing initial proof-of-concepts and pilots
- Evangelize the value of VMware Management Tools to simplify IT operations and build an internal Cloud solution
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and services and how to position against them
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organization for development of deep technical GTM training material and positioning
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products
- Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware Partner Field Organizations
- Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the VMware and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to VMware products in conjunction with Cloud solutions and architectures
- Document best practices & architectural references in developing and deploying VMware Cloud solutions
- Proven success and knowledge in developing and leading Service Provider Partners/Customers.
- The Individual should have relevant VMware experience with IT automation and IT orchestration tools
- 8+ years of experience in technology related areas including: enterprise systems management and infrastructure (datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical business infrastructure. Engagement experience should include IT strategy initiatives, middleware implementations, and leveraging overall technical architecture knowledge across multiple industries
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- The individual should have extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management and business continuity. Expert level knowledge of x86 operating systems, advanced networking, storage architectures and programming experience is desirable
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
- Excellent presentation skills and strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Self driven and must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong listening and question based selling skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
- He or she should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Why work for our Division:
Why work with our Group:
The VMware Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions to surpassing our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales teams to build long-term business relationships within assigned accounts. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts
Austin, TX, US
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top