Senior UI Engineer - CMBU
VMware’s Cloud Management Business Unit UI team is looking for a talented, front-end software engineer to join our team. We build web-based UI components for all next generation Operations Management products and service offerings. Our applications enable IT managers, administrators and non-technical users to navigate and manipulate a world with large amounts of heterogeneous data seamlessly. To make their experience coherent, efficient and effective requires both technical skill and imagination. This is a key role with a high profile. You will be working in a world-class team respected for its innovation and execution. We are based in Palo Alto on the main campus with great facilities and a very comfortable working environment as well as in Seattle, Washington. If you love working on the latest innovation problems while delivering the best customer experience, then this position is for you.
- Passion for elegant user interface and design
- Empathy for the user
- Creativity, innovation and problem solving
- Solid software design
- Clear, concise communication
- Care for quality – in product, in design, in code, in life
- Learn and apply new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
- Contribute to end-to-end system architecture, working with back-end engineers
- Collaborate with UX team, product managers and other technical teams to create an intuitive user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Masters preferred
- 3-7 years of hands-on software development experience (software products, not websites or internal projects)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform well in a dynamic environment, with on-time delivery
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results and set priorities independently
- Able to work well both independently and as a team member
- Solid CS, OOP/OOD, design patterns
- Track record in large-scale system software development
- Good grasp on usability and interaction design
Why work for our Division:
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Why work with our Group:
Seattle, WA, US
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top