Senior Systems Engineer - EUC Specialist - Bay Area
Are you an exprienced Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) with Mobility experience?
Do you enjoy playing a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships?
Do you enjoy working closely with sales teams to build long-term business relationships within your accounts?
VMware Systems Engineers love their jobs! This is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
Please read on to find out more:
The End User Computing (EUC) Specialist is a subject matter expert in the area of desktop virtualization and mobility leveraging VMware’s infrastructure.
As a member of the VMware sales team, the EUC Specialist supports the VMware sales campaigns by providing solution area business/technical support to the West Coast sales team by actively engaging in enterprise customer accounts; evangelizes VMware business value and technical benefits to senior level business and technology decision makers. The EUC Specialist role is instrumental in driving the adoption of VMware products and solutions in large scale enterprise accounts as well as influencing product enhancements and the new products/solutions that VMware brings to market.
- You will be based in your home-office with clients in the Bay Area and West Coast.
- Engage with technology decision makers (CIO, CTO, Solution Architects, VPs and Directors of IT) within Fortune 2000 accounts; building relationships, evangelizing VMware solutions, and providing domain expertise to assist in closing business
- Participate in pre-sales efforts including: technical sales presentations, architecture design discussions, competitive displacement, proof-of-concept engagements, RFP/RFI responses, solution demonstrations, and technical workshops
- Analyzes customer's business and technology objectives by asking probing questions that are relevant to the customer in order to collect information that enables the sales team to be more effective and responsive to customer’s needs
- Develop and propose custom solutions that differentiate VMware software and services, and meet customer’s requirements and objectives
- Ensure success of customer proof-of-concepts (POCs)
- Create a document portfolio of compelling sample reference architectures that demonstrate the value of VMware solutions in real-world scenarios
- Document client feature requests and issues, providing feedback to sales and product management
- Present VMware’s technical & business value proposition at industry events
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of VMware and domain expertise within technology subject area
- Assume the role of an advisory team leader organizing a team of subject matter experts, collaborating on issues and solutions as well as collecting information on industry trends, customer requirements and competitive analysis
- Assist in the development of the SE organization by providing subject area training (knowledge transfer) to fellow systems engineers; create the necessary training materials when appropriate
- Participate on a consistent basis in the SE discussion forum
Core Technical Requirements:
- Technologies: VMware vSphere, VMware View, Citrix; SMS; Altiris; Thin/Zero clients; Terminal services without Citrix
- Solid skills troubleshooting complex desktop deployments
- Expert level in Microsoft Windows Management
- Windows Enterprise Administration
- Active Directory and GPO implementation
- User management and data centralization technologies
- Sysprep, OS imaging, and automated deployment tools
- General Desktop systems management
- Standardization and Automation experience
- Remote connectivity, Windows networking
- Workstation security
- Windows Remote Computing
- Terminal Services and RDP
- Groups, security requirements, default configurations
- Blade PC's and Citrix
- Technical pre-sales and/or consulting experience and 8+ years of industry experience
- A strong technical background in Virtual Infrastructure with expert knowledge of VMware core products and solutions is desired
- Industry certification(s) within subject area preferred
- Must be immensely capable, an excellent communicator with a can do attitude and the ability to adapt to change
- Strong presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences. Must exhibit ability to speak in front of large audiences
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Strong writing skills with the ability to create technical documentation
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Experience working in Enterprise Systems Management and IT infrastructure environments architecting solutions, designing process and implementing technology
- Experience in project management, conducting competitive analysis, technology research, benchmarking, and writing technical documentation is desired
Why work for our Division:
Why work with our Group:
San Francisco, CA, US
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top