Senior Systems Engineer
As a Sr. Systems Engineer you need to understand the job duties and role for Pre-Sales as well as Post-Sales. As an SE you will be customer facing, first calls, meetings, presentations, PoC's, documentation, demos, and installs. You need to help accelerate the sales cycle, remove obstacles, and be the technical expert in the room. You will need to whiteboard, demo, present technical material, qualify, and quantify sales opportunities. You may need to be hands on at times, technical expertise, ESXi, and Hands on Server and Storage expertise. You must have at least 10 years of experience with storage and virtualization pre-sales. This is a huge opportunity to work for the new Software Defined Storage Business Unit; today focusing on VMware Virtual SAN.
Pre-Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field salesforce. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
This role must be for a Pre-sales Engineer that is very hands on and technical. Must have great communication skills, presentations skills, personal skills, and the ability to speak to crowds at all levels. Additional responsibilities will be in mentoring and enabling Field and Channel located in a variety of locations. Travel will be at least 80%, please do not apply if you have travel restrictions.
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- 10+ years experience in pre-sales storage technology and virtualization related work, including roles in Pre-sales and Technical Account Sales
- Experience in creating revenue generating program for partners
- Experience with Pre-sales Account Management and sales methodologies
- Strong presentation skills as well as ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
- Must be effective in working both independently and in team setting
- Strong writing skills with the ability to create technical documentation
- Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, business continuity solutions a plus
- Experience troubleshooting system level problems including server failure, OS tuning, networking problems
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN/NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
- Ability to travel up to 80 percent of the time, including international if necessary
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology architectures.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports
- Must be able to persuade and influence senior enterprise IT Architects and C-level executives
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive
Ideal candidate will sit in a major city within the following states:
Seattle, WA or Portland, OR
Seattle, WA, US
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top