Senior Member of Technical Staff
VMware has a vacancy for a Senior Member of Technical Staff.
- Responsible for architecture, design, code and test. Keen eye for building robust, scalable, high-performance, extensible software. We build cloud infrastructure software for service providers in the area of networking, and multi-tenant systems.
- You own the software that you build and know the code written by others on the product. This requires very strong commitment to writing automated tests and constantly improving code.
- Proactively participate in and seek code/design reviews
- Must be able to work across engineering teams and architects
- Mentor junior engineers on design, and good coding practices
- Deep technical skills across several enterprise technologies, both proprietary and open-source, and a good breadth across many technologies.
- Must have experience building large scale, distributed, high performance systems and server software.
- Expertise with object-oriented client/server and/or web-based systems design and implementation.
- Evaluating impacts on integration, inter-operability, reliability, performance, scalability, flexibility and maintainability
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with product management, engineering counterparts, and peers
- Networking, Virtualization
- Understanding networking technologies: IPSec, SSL VPN, datacenter network topologies, stretched networks, DNAT, SNAT, firewalls
- Technical Bachelor or Masters degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- Minimum 8 years development experience
- Extensive programing experience in Java
- Experience in Unix/Linux
- Computer Networking, Operating Systems, Messaging systems, Relational Database
Why work for our Division:
VMware's Cloud Strategy and the Cloud Provider Software Business Unit's goal is to enable a Multi-Cloud, Multi-Device World where seamless delivery of cloud services to end customers across a global network of heterogeneous clouds and endpoints is a reality. Cloud Service Providers (SPs) play a crucial role in this world. The Cloud Provider Software Business Unit's (CPSBU) mission is to develop technology which, along with VMware's market leading private cloud technologies, enable SPs to deliver the heterogeneous clouds and services of tomorrow.
In order to support SPs who deliver managed and self-service infrastructure and application services to their customers, the CPSBU provides software and solutions that can:
Enable SPs to grow their top line revenue by delivering new, innovative services to market quickly and consistently across a variety of end point devices
Help SPs deliver new services safely and confidently by providing comprehensive security and integration across VMware and 3rd party ISV and SaaS solutions
Streamline customer adoption of SP services via workload compatibility and freedom of movement across clouds – private, public, managed or hybrid
Deliver operational efficiencies to enable SPs to maximize their profitability through policy based automation and management of their cloud infrastructure – compute, storage and networking
We deliver these solutions to SPs through vCloud Air Network (vCAN) program, which supports a global ecosystem of thousands of our service provider partners. As the world's largest network of validated cloud services based on VMware technology, the vCAN Program enables SPs to use VMware products and solutions on a pay-as-you-go subscription basis, and provides them with innovative business, technical and marketing support, so that they can deliver next generation cloud services.
VMware's Cloud Provider Software Business Unit is seeking individuals who are excited about solving business and technical problems that will help shape how cloud services are delivered in the future.
Why work with our Group:
- Cambridge, MA, US
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top