New Grad Inside Sales Representative
VMware invests for the future in VMware’s Inside Sales Organization through the VMware Sales Academy. The VMware Sales Academy is an extensive sales training program involving sales, technical and product training for all participants. Following training, successful participants will be moved into an Inside Sales Role: the next step in their VMware Journey.
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for selling the company's products and services via telephone. A typical day involves speaking with 20-30 customers and 10+ partners that are considering purchasing VMware products. The ISR is responsible for selling VMware products and services primarily by responding to inbound and outbound calls. The ISR is held accountable to closing sales and placing orders typically generated by national advertising and/or referrals. ISRs are responsible for delivering a positive customer experience via the VMware sales model while maximizing revenue and margin generation. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills.
- Articulates how the VMware business model relates to selling VMware products and services
- Transactional focus
- Occasional involvement in outside sales lead with Sales Representative support
- Regular coaching/mentoring required
- Frequent contact with manager
- Learns the full range of VMware technology, products, and services and is able to identify how these products and services align to customer needs
- Explains technical, industry, and market facts to position VMware as a competitive solution
- Cooperates and collaborates with colleagues, cross-functionally, to support the sales process
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity are a must
- Need to be familiar with computers and technology and comfortable using the Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Outlook
- Applicants need to be comfortable working with others and in a team environment
- Must be open to receiving constructive criticism (feedback) and applying and integrating the feedback in an effort to improve their results
- Demonstrates good judgment in analyzing information to make routine decisions
- 1-3 years software or enterprise selling a plus (but not required)
- Knowledge can be demonstrated either through direct experience or similar experiences through internships
- Bachelors degree required, Professional Selling Degree preferred
Why work for our Division:
Why work with our Group:
The inside sales team is aligned to our sales regions and is an overall support system for the field sales organization. The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for all duties from prospecting to closing accounts with the field sales executive that they support. They work to prospect, generate and follow up on assigned marketing leads. The ISR works closely and is a leveraged selling arm for the direct field sales representatives that they are assigned to.
Austin, TX, US
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top