MTS - Photon OS
The Cloud Operating Systems Group is part of the Cloud Platforms Business Unit and is responsible for delivering the groundbreaking Photon OS and Lightwave Identity Management Platforms. The Cloud Operating Systems Group focuses on cutting edge engineering and advanced projects around containers and operating systems engineering with a specific focus on the identity and security aspects for containers.
This team is seeking intern engineers who have a passion for the following areas
- Linux kernel and user space development
- Container technologies (Docker, libcontainer, libct)
- Distributed systems protocols (LDAP, RPC, DNS)
- Security protocols (Kerberos, SRP, NTLM, OAuth2/Open ID Connect, SAML)
- Be part of an engineering team building VMware’s advanced software that focuses on developing features in vSphere that have significant impact to partners.
- Design and development of distributed systems technologies
- Focus on designing, implementing and testing key pieces of the software
- Bachelors, Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Completed coursework in operating systems, computer architecture, distributed and security systems, compilers, networking, and kernel development
- Strong skills in C (C is our preferred language of development for system software)
- Solid knowledge of operating systems (kernel level)
- Solid understanding of the Networking Space
- Understanding of and I/O architectures, storage stack, resource management, performance profiling technologies is nice to have
- No more than 1-2 years of experience designing and developing systems software is nice to have
- Must have strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently
Why work for our Division:
Why work with our Group:
Bellevue, WA, US
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top