MTS - Graphics Quality Engineer
This is a quality engineer position in the Graphics engineering team at VMware. This team is responsible for the interactive device components (mouse, keyboard, and screen display) used by VMware Enterprise and Desktop products on different platforms.
If you are passionate about product quality through manual and automated testing, and motivated to work with developers to create test cases and continuously improve test coverage, then this job is for you.
As a member of the QE team for the Graphics functional area, you will be working on testing the various components of the virtualized graphics stack. You will perform hands-on manual testing and automation testing. You will work closely with the Graphics developers and other QE team members to deliver quality releases. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Design, implement and execute test plan against various components of the virtualized graphics stack
- Automate functional and end to end test cases using Perl and Java
- Analyze feature requirements and create test cases to validate new feature
- Develop and maintain code, and perform code reviews
- Design, implement, execute, and debug in the test framework
- Find product defects, validate fixes, and follow up to final resolution
- Proficiency in Perl, and Java
- Practical knowledge in general Computer Science topics such as data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of the main operating systems concepts: processes, memory management, file systems
- Software engineering (QA methodology)
- Test automation methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Linux, OS X, and Windows system administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks
- At least 3 years of professional experience in software development, and testing (hands-on and automation)
- Experience in graphics testing and familiar with GPU technology
- Practical experience in VMware products, vSphere, vCenter, Horizon, Workstation, and Fusion.
- Experience with automation testing frameworks and tools such as TestNG, JUnit, and Jenkins
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
Why work for our Division:
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Burlington, MA; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
Why work with our Group:
Austin, TX, US
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top