Inside Partner Business Manager
The Inside Partner Business Manager is a direct sales position in the VMware Americas Inside Sales Organization. This opportunity will be working with Dell in their Austin, TX HQ. The IPBM is a VMware employee that sits in the call center of a designated reseller or vendor partner and drives VMware sales.
The IPBM carries a sales quota and is responsible for driving VMware sales within a specific territory/segment with and through a specific partner or vendor. This position is responsible for key aspects of the sales cycle including creating new opportunities, identifying upsell/cross sell opportunities, and driving sales campaigns with their partner. Additional responsibilities include conducting sales enablement with the partner sales force. It is expected that this role will increase deal win rates, drive awareness with VMW and partner sales teams and create incremental VMware opportunities. This position is a sales conduit between VMW sales teams and reseller/vendor sales teams. The ideal candidate will have proven direct sales experience and experience in the channel selling model.
- Primary sales driver for transactional business within an assigned region/segment and partner
- Pipeline Management: Forecasting and account opportunity detail
- Sales liaison between VMware inside and field sales and partner sales reps
- Execute demand generation programs and drive VMW prospecting campaigns with assigned partner
- Periodically assist VMW Channel team with new product/ program rollouts to assigned partner
- Ability to drive and enable Core and Partner reps in delivering Value Propositions and executing on all selling aspects for their Solutions
- Ability to cultivate and build strong relationships
- Three years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software, preferably in a channel model
- Experience in building/generating sales pipeline and demand generation programs
- Understanding and experience with channel sales model
- Consistent track record of quota achievement with a background of exceeding quota
- Knowledge in selling complex IT solutions/ products; VMware Solutions a plus
- Excellent communication skills: phone, presentation and written
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
Why work for our Division:
Why work with our Group:
Austin, TX, US
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top