EVG - Business Development Representative
Here at VMware we are continuously looking for top talent. The position you are applying for is within a high growth area of our business. In applying for this position, please note that it may not be active at the time of your application.
The Inside Sales organization is a fast paced demand generation engine responsible for driving incremental growth for the VMWare sales organization. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills. If you have the ambition to learn new technologies, drive sales, and deliver results, this may be the role for you.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for selling VMware’s products and services primarily by responding to inbound leads. BDRs are held accountable for delivering a world class customer experience leveraging the VMware sales model while maximizing pipeline generation. You will partner closely with the VMW inside sales team (Inside Sales Representatives, Sales Engineer, Inside Sales Specialists, etc.)to drive the VMware sales strategy.
Job Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Accountable for driving pipeline growth across the Americas
- Prospect, generate, qualify and follow up on assigned leads.
- Articulate the full range of VMware technologies, products, and services and identify how these products and services align to customer needs.
- Communicate ideas, concepts, industry trends, and market facts to position VMware as a competitive solution with customers.
- Collaborate with colleagues, cross-functionally to support the sales strategy.
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Familiar with computers and technology. Comfortable using MS Windows OS and MS Outlook.
- Thrives working with others in a team environment.
- Ability to think strategically and adjust to meet business needs.
- Open to receiving and acting on feedback in an effort to improve results.
- Demonstrated good judgment in analyzing information to make decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience. (Sales Degree’s preferred)
- Bilingual (Spanish or Portuguese) abilities are a plus for certain teams
Why work with our Group:
The inside sales team is aligned to our sales regions and is an overall support system for the field sales organization. The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for all duties from prospecting to closing accounts with the field sales executive that they support. They work to prospect, generate and follow up on assigned marketing leads. The ISR works closely and is a leveraged selling arm for the direct field sales representatives that they are assigned to.
Austin, TX, US
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable la
Back to top