Channel Systems Engineer, vSAN Texas
The Channel Systems Engineer(SE) for Software-Defined Storage is responsible for selling VMWare's storage products and services via telephone, primarily by responding to high volume inbound and outbound calls. The SE is held accountable for prospecting opportunities, closing sales, and placing orders. The SE is also responsible for delivering a positive customer experience leveraging the VMware sales model while maximizing revenue and margin generation. The SDS SE will partner closely with the VMW and Partner field teams (Outside Sales Executive, SEs, Channel Partners, etc.) to drive the VMware sales strategy. May need to install and demonstrate server, vSphere, VMware Products, and Virtual SAN at the customer or partner site. May need to demonstrate, present, and design technical solutions including VMware Products and Virtual SAN software.
Job Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Accountable for driving business, and meeting or exceeding quota goals, in an assigned territory. Principal SDS product is Virtual SAN.
- Responsible for all duties from prospecting to closing accounts, in partnership with the outside sales executive.
- Prospect, generate, qualify and follow up on assigned leads.
- Provide accurate and timely updates on pipeline and forecast utilizing SalesForce.
- Articulate the full range of VMware technologies, products, and services and identify how these products and services align to customer needs.
- Communicate technical, industry, and market facts to position VMware as a competitive solution with customers.
- Collaborate with colleagues, cross-functionally (Outside Sales Executive, SEs, Channel Partners, Marketing, etc), to support the sales strategy.
- Maintain in-depth product, industry trend, and technical knowledge.
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Familiar with computers and technology, especially Storage systems. Comfortable using MS Windows OS and MS Outlook.
- Must have some technical acumen as this will be a technical sale.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Thrives working with others in a team environment.
- Ability to think strategically and adjust to meet business needs.
- Open to receiving and acting on feedback in an effort to improve results.
- Demonstrated good judgment in analyzing information to make decisions.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years software or enterprise selling a plus, especially with a storage systems vendor
- Some experience selling datacenter storage (SAN) systems is a big plus.
Why work for our Division:
Why work with our Group:
The VMware Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions to surpassing our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales teams to build long-term business relationships within assigned accounts. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts
Austin, TX, US, Dallas, TX, US, Houston, TX, US
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Back to top