Sr. Retail Marketing Manager
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and America's #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking a Retail Marketing Manager at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
We are looking for a Sr. Retail Marketing Manager who is passionate about championing our award-winning products, building relationships internally and externally with both vendors, technology, and retail partners, driving execution and disproportionate consideration for VIZIO. This experienced manager will work collaboratively with Merchandising, Marketing, and Sales teams to develop, execute and optimize retailer marketing plans. This role will require not only the need to be a retail expert on key Tier 1 accounts, but also the need to be well-versed on various inter-dependent elements of product launch, retail marketing strategy, associated in-store and online materials along with overall program execution. This individual should be able to comprehensively answer, “What are our Marketing plans at X Retailer?” and “What else can/should we do at X Retailer?”
- Responsible for VIZIO's retail marketing strategy, evaluation, and execution of Retail marketing programs based on Sales objectives.
- Design and implement comprehensive category marketing programs based on market/category analysis, retailer insights, and Sales objectives across multiple retail customers, including, but not limited to Best Buy, Costco, Target, and Walmart.
- Partner internally to evaluate strategies and opportunities to invest appropriate resources to support market initiatives.
- Conduct ROI analysis across retail marketing activities to identify areas to optimize spend.
- Drive content creation and customization for a variety of marketing channel needs such as fact tag copy, circular ad creative, social media integration, as well as retail product page messaging.
- Develop clear and effective customer presentations with a strong POV that champions VIZIO's objectives both internally and externally.
- Lead efforts to amplify VIZIO's consideration and Marketing efforts in-store and on Retail.com
- Ensure messaging consistency across all customer-facing communication touch points in print, video, and online at Retail
- Work closely with Retail.com stakeholders to create digital retail marketing plans
- Apply understanding of retailers' unique environments, “hot buttons”, and policies to advise on Merch strategy and identify partner co-Marketing opportunities.
- Familiar with Google and Amazon marketing platforms and tools.
- Develop successful co-marketing campaigns, utilizing online tools, social media and partner marketing vehicles.
- Explore, create, and advise on new opportunities to execute test campaigns, with measurable results, prior to larger scale rollouts.
- Identify and embrace new activities and responsibilities that could impact Merchandising, Product Marketing, Training, Social, or at the Sales level.
Manage and mentor a shared Retail Marketing Associate
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum Experience Required:
- 5-10 years of experience with marketing and project management responsibilities, with channel marketing experience preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience supporting Retail, Marketing, and/or Sales
- Skills Required: Active participant and understanding of popular social media platforms
- Language Skills:English. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Essential Requirements and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Very in-depth knowledge or experience working with or previously at key CE retailers, such as Best Buy, Costco, Sam's Club, Walmart, and Target
- Ability to quickly learn and understand VIZIO's Product GTM plans for TV, Audio, and Software initiatives and inter-dependencies associated with respective cross-functional stakeholders within Merchandising, Digital, Corporate Marketing and Sales.
- Possess deep understanding of retailer merchandising sites and various channel marketing opportunities.
- Outstanding communication and presentation, or presentation preparation skills
- Hands-on, fearless attitude, analytically strong, creative, with ability to influence others
- Ability to digest and seek specific data and then put this information into action
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management, multi-tasking ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to see projects to completion from concept through final implementation, then analyze results and provide justification for recommendations
- Experience working with in-store and online marketing materials including merchandising, POP, and .com
- Experience managing, tracking, and advising on Marketing budget spend
- Fluency and comfort working with some graphics creation tools and MS Office – especially Excel / PPT
- Embodies a positive, ‘whatever it takes' / entrepreneurial attitude who embodies a “Work hard. Have Fun. Play Hard.” Mentality.
- Quick thinker and outstanding problem solver with uncompromising sense of urgency
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to handle and embrace potential for constant change.
- Ability to work independently and take pro-active measures in seeking opportunities to own or contribute, without waiting for a “blueprint for success” or “HR manual”
- Travel to key accounts required (Minimum 1-2x/quarter)
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Software & Services Media Manager
Rachel oversees VIZIO’s BuddyTV website to deliver engaging content to customers and fans who are interested in all things television. She also directs social media and content creation.
Back to top