Sr. Program Manager, SmartCast
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We are currently seeking a Sr. Program Manager, SmartCast at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
This position oversees Program Management for VIZIO SmartCast Software and connected services development across multiple platforms and product categories such as TV, Audio and Mobile. It involves working with ODMs, platform providers, software developers and quality assurance testers to produce and deliver quality software platforms for embedded consumer electronics applications. It also involves managing the development of IP based content services. This position requires both technical and personal leadership.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with globally distributed development teams
- Skill set to perform overall schedule assessments in order to manage vendors and to communicate extremely effectively both internally and externally
- Project management, driving and communication skills, effectively managing projects and working with global cross-functional teams
- Ability to relentlessly track and follow-up on open issues and action items
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively in a highly dynamic environment
- Must be very good with logistics, planning, well organized and resourceful
- Self-starter with the ability to work through ambiguity and evolving requirements
- Ability to set high standards for personal and team interaction.
- Ability to facilitate the resolution of complex team issues, build consensus, maintain process focus, overcome barriers, encourage and inspire other team members and foster relationships with other team leaders
- 8+ years in program management, (preferably in consumer electronics)
- Bachelor's Degree, (Electrical Engineering preferred)
- PMP or CSDP certificate (highly desirable)
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project
- Technical proficiency with CE embedded platforms and have a working knowledge of Linux and Android embedded architectures; Detailed understanding of the embedded software development and testing for consumer electronics; hands-on experience with actual software development is desirable but not required
- Expertise in project management software/tools like Microsoft Project and fluency in using issue-tracking software applications like JIRA, Bugzilla, Tracker, etc.
- Proven track record of managing programs in high tech industry
- Proven ability to plan and deliver quality products
- Working with multiple program tasks, setting the right priorities and understanding program needs
- Passion and experience delivering high quality products. This PM will be instrumental in ensuring product success, so previous experience in shipping great software is highly regarded
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top