Sr. Industrial Designer
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America’s fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We are currently seeking a Sr. Industrial Designer at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
If you’re looking for a 9 to 5 job in a comfortable, slow moving corporate environment, with policies and paperwork to guide every aspect of your decisions and responsibilities, this job is NOT for you. However, if you want to unleash your creative skills and you yearn to play a key role in a fast-paced, impactful company on a skyrocketing trajectory, we want to hear from you. We are looking to hire an exceptionally talented Sr. Industrial Designer to contribute to our team of world-class experts. Our top candidate must have an informed design perspective, ambition, and a desire to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial company.
To be considered as a candidate to join our creative team, you should have a keen intellect and the ability to learn new things quickly. You must be able to work effectively in a constantly changing environment, and know how to adapt to these changes gracefully. Even with things in flux, you maintain your focus and have excellent follow-through skills to complete all tasks skillfully and on time. You are friendly, easy to work with, and passionate about creating cutting edge products and experiences. The designer we seek is passionate about design and usability, extremely articulate, and meticulous beyond belief.
This is a hands-on position requiring the ability to communicate ideas and concepts visually, doing whatever it takes to get products to market on time – including sketching, CAD modeling and rendering, partner management and production follow through. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a balance of both creative and analytical aptitude, as well as exceptional visual talent, instinct and problem solving skills.
- Synthesize input from management, marketing, engineering and development partners to design and refine products from concept to mass production
- Excellence in 2D sketching and visualization, 3D surfacing and photo realistic rendering.
- Follow through to sweat the details, solve challenges and enforce design intent.
- Understand user behavior as it relates to design and have a passion for creating meaningful user experiences.
- Assume ownership of projects, working without close supervision, while balancing multiple concurrent projects.
- Facilitate project communication across a multidisciplinary team through all phases of projects.
- Make and take constructive criticism while maintaining a sense of humor and a balanced perspective.
- Demonstrated senior level mastery of tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, Alias, ProE, Bunkspeed, etc.).
- Fluidly move from strategy and design direction to hands-on, ‘in the tools’ development
- Persuasively convey ideas and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders via excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously, with great initiative and follow through.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills, paying meticulous attention to detail, while not losing sight of the big picture
- Bachelor’s degree in ID / Product Design
- 7-10 years industry experience including at least half that time working in the consumer electronics industry
- Extensive knowledge and experience in a wide range of manufacturing processes, techniques and materials
- Work under tight deadline pressure and adapt quickly and amicably to changes in project, scope and schedule
Interested candidates should present a body of work that
- Exhibits your creative process and steps taken, not just finished product
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Shows experience with diverse content
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Software & Services Media Manager
Rachel oversees VIZIO’s BuddyTV website to deliver engaging content to customers and fans who are interested in all things television. She also directs social media and content creation.
Back to top