Sr. Business Systems Analyst - BI
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America’s fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We are currently seeking a Sr. Business Systems Analyst – BI at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
As the Sr. Business Systems Analyst within VIZIO’s Information Technology team, this individual plays a critical role working closely with the business and across the Information Technology organization defining, delivering and supporting IT business solutions and supporting roadmaps. In summary this position: provides cost effective business systems and applications analysis in support of the development and implementation of business applications; Includes evaluation, analysis, documentation of requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications and configuration; formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems, applications and industry requirements. Operates as a liaison between technical personnel and the appropriate end-user department; evaluates and translates end user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate; understands the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support any future business needs; teaches end users new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing system.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/beneﬁts analyses in an eﬀort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- Works with business users to deﬁne and analyze problems and align the most appropriate technical, application or conﬁguration solutions.
- Solicits, develops, documents and manages requirements and provides detailed design and business rules to support the requirements throughout project life cycle up to and through change control.
- Provide management with requested ad hoc data/reports from systems as necessary.
- Assists in taking business intelligence to the next level to support business decisions and recommend best practices and policy in business intelligence implementation, maintenance, and data quality.
- Contribute to design and support of the BI environment, including information and data acquisition, management, and data strategy
- Develop strategy and roadmaps including tactics, project plans, milestones and KPI’s
- Identify and implement industry best practices
- Identify and address data quality issues across the organization through root cause analysis and remediation activities
- Create and develop test plans for business intelligence deliverables against requirements
- Assist with the on-going examination of existing business practices yielding recommendations for improved business practices related to reporting or data management.
- Plan multiple projects involving all aspects of business intelligence solutions and data.
- Manages and leads critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
- Provide global support and train users on BI tools and methodologies
- Identify and engage the appropriate IT and business participants as well as manage requirements, risks, issues, changes, and updates
- Stay abreast of emerging BI technology and potential upside to the business
- Must have a strong technical background and be Proficient with various BI tools, ETL platforms & databases
- Personal skills that are required for this position are: Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal; attention to detail; ability to adapt to change and pressure; excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must have well developed quantitative, analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrate ability to work and communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences
- BA/BS and 3 years of experience in BI/Analytics/Data Architecture/Data Visualization/Project Management
- Past experience writing technical and business requirements in relation to Business Intelligence
- Strong familiarity of the BI industry, vendors, products and best practices
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise reporting data
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to put into practice commonly used SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Business systems process knowledge within the consumer goods and distribution industries, including: Demand, Supply & Allocation Forecasting, Inventory Mgmt. and Logistics
- Experience with most Microsoft Office applications, and preferably experience working with Pivot Tables in MS Excel
- Able to work independently, assume responsibility for project deliverables, and work effectively within deadlines
- Experience writing SQL queries, data prep, blending, analytics and visualization tools preferred, but not required (Ex: Alteryx and Tableau)
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Software & Services Media Manager
Rachel oversees VIZIO’s BuddyTV website to deliver engaging content to customers and fans who are interested in all things television. She also directs social media and content creation.
Back to top