Sr. Audio Engineer
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America’s fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We are currently seeking a Sr. Audio Engineer at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
The Audio Engineer is responsible for all acoustics-related engineering development activities on VIZIO’s audio, tablet and TV products. The engineer works closely with the various vendors, development partners, technology providers and ODM/manufacturing partners to facilitate timely, reliable, cost-optimized and feature-complete product releases. The engineer applies a diverse acoustics, hardware and software engineering background to work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to architect, evaluate, coordinate and directly contribute to Vizio’s product line up. This individual works with potential technology partners to evaluate new technologies for application in the product line.
The engineer must be multi-disciplined and willing to take on direct testing, hardware and software development tasks as well as ensure the actives of all various partners are on track and meeting product development milestones. A successful candidate has deep experience in audio product development, driver characterization and selection, acoustical analysis, digital signal processing techniques, wired and wireless connectivity solutions, amplifier design and typical highly integrated devices used in the audio space. Additionally, the engineer should have good understanding of product usability and provide direct feedback on system firmware and product functionality. Internal bug tracking systems and tools will be utilized to document, track and close issues.
The ideal candidate will:
- Evaluate candidate technologies and designs
- Develop document and and communicate product architecture, implement hardware and software product deliverables
- Work closely with the product team to conceptualize new products and execute on the existing roadmap and lead by technical example
- Work closely with vendors, partners and design services firms to execute to plan. Coordinate and/or directly contribute to system implementation and optimization
- Coordinate projects closely with Product and Program Management. Successfully work with the Vizio New Product Introduction (NPI) process. Report project status, escalate issues, and communicate effectively with the product group
- Work cross functionally inside the product group (ID, Technical documentation, QA, interop, etc)
- Perform detailed technical analyses and trade studies
- B.S degree, Area of Study: Electrical Engineering or Audio Engineering
- 10+ years experience in audio product development
- 5+ years consumer electronics industry audio product development
- Must have recent/relevant experience designing audio products or managing ODM partners that are designing audio products
- Recognized technical expert in audio hardware, processing, evaluation and optimization
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Software & Services Media Manager
Rachel oversees VIZIO’s BuddyTV website to deliver engaging content to customers and fans who are interested in all things television. She also directs social media and content creation.
Back to top