Software Engineering Intern
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineering Intern to be based in our Seattle, WA offices. Our Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focuses on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.The Software Engineering Intern work closely with the our senior software engineers, to designs, implement, and test software related to our website, services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Software Infrastructure Development
• Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions.
• Implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines.
Software QA Testing
• Responsible for testing their own code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
• Keeps track of bugs in their code, and fixes bugs in a timely manner.
Operational Planning and Execution
• Manages programming tasks and works on them in priority order as determined by their manager.
• Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
• Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Computer Science Major or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1 year of programming experience (personal, educational, or commercial)
• Some Experience with .NET and C#.
• Knowledge of general programming techniques
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming.
• Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
• Able to debug own code
• Good communications skills
• Attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
• Comfortable with Windows operating systems.
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top