Software Engineer - iOS
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and America's #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking an iOS Software Engineer at our Seattle, WA offices.
The iOS Software Engineer will be responsible for building and managing user experiences on TV, mobile, and tablets. The Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focus on the SmartCast product line. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications focusing on IoT implementations. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry.
You will be expected to collaborate with designers, product managers, program managers, fellow team members, and vendors. You are self-driven and pragmatic, with an ability to execute in an agile environment.
You will implement features on SmartCast Mobile to deliver user-facing products. You will need to adequately handle architecting solutions for longevity, flexibility, and cost-effective solutions all while performing at scale.
Additional responsibilities will include building a relationship with various vendors and participate in design and code reviews.
The Software Engineer-iOS will:
- Design, develop, and architect customer facing applications.
- Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
- Write unit tests to cover all requirements/functionality.
- Work with designers and tech team to optimize solutions for speed, beauty, and product effectiveness.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience with Software Development, 3+ years of iOS development, 1+ years of Swift experience
- Extensive background in Cocoa Framework, Objective-C, Swift. Understanding and command of iOS application build pipelines. Confident across the entire application lifecycle -- concept, requirements, prototype, implementation, testing, deployment, production.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Experience with API Documentation: Swagger/RAML/API Blueprint, etc
- Experience with Network Stack, IoT, Websockets, BLE, Soft AP, etc
- Experience with Network Analysis Tools: Wireshark, Charles, Fiddler, etc
- Experience with Android/Java
- End to end testing, building out testing harnesses
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top