Software Engineer II, Android
Powerful entertainment experiences come from brilliant teams, and, at VIZIO, we work together to deliver the latest SmartTV and Sound Bar Technology across the world. We're made up of skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture.
The Sunday blues don't really exist for us because we're built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We're more focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don't focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we're most excited about).
Now we need a brilliant Software Engineer, Android to join us in Seattle and own the development of our features through the full-release lifecycle. We're not looking for someone who only has exclusive Android experience (although an expert would be cool). We're looking for that Java Engineer with client-facing experience, or a Kotlin backend engineer who has some serious skills. We care more about finding someone who is driven and talented than someone who has a bunch of degrees (though those are cool, too!)
You define the experience of Smartcast Mobile as it evolves into a cohesive experience with IoT devices.
After 1 year at VIZIO, here's what you'll be celebrating:
● You took ownership of rolling out new features that delight our customers and you feel empowered to collaborate so your team can excel
● You've directly impacted the SmartTV experience for our customers by incorporating customer feedback in the new features you developed
● The features you created are flexible, cost-effective, and long-lasting, and you were able to balance all that with smart code that you created at-scale
● You managed the end-to-end testing of the features you implemented, and you created ways to share your findings with your team
Here's the kind of person you are:
● You're the one who makes user experience brilliant, and you have a passion for developing innovative solutions
● You're the person your team trusts with their secrets. You know how to be tactful and supportive
● Collaboration is fun and easy for you. You are self-driven, but you enjoy sharing and mentoring your team, and when a decision has been made, you're happy to support it
● You're experienced with cross-platform development, and you have a deep understanding of the mobile development life cycle
● You're confident in your abilities to command and understand application build pipelines and share those with your team in a way they can understand
● You're super experienced in design and development, but you are also a powerful leader, which means you stay accountable for your successes and shortcomings
● You have a real love for Android, even outside of the office
● 3+ years of software development experience
● Confident across the entire application lifecycle
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Back to top