VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to be based in our Seattle, WA offices.
As a Software Engineer within VIZIO's Software Engineering team, the successful candidate will play an important role working closely with a team of engineers in developing our software infrastructure. In summary this position: Designs, implements, and tests software related to our website, services, and monetization.
The Software Engineer will:
- Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions
- Implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines
- Be responsible for testing their own code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance
- Keep track of bugs in their code, and fixes bugs in a timely manner
- Manage programming tasks and works on them in priority order as determined by their manager
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager
- Put comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components
- Recommend changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stay up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- 2+ years of experience coding in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of general programming methodologies, processes and best practices.
- Requires knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and performance tune software code.
- Experience with .NET and C#.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
- Understanding of industry standards, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of related software and platforms.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Solid knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Able to effectively convey technical aspects to Senior Leadership and other members of the software team.
- BA/BS in Computer Science. minimum of 2 years of experience coding in a commercial environment.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top