Social Media Strategist
At BuddyTV, we believe in watching shows that are compelling and not settling for something that isn’t. We believe that when TV is great, it can enhance, enrich, and entertain our lives. We believe in finding innovative ways to help everyone discover their must-see TV.
Our website, BuddyTV.com, provides a venue that over 5 million unique monthly visitors use to connect with fellow fans, read the latest news, and share content about their favorite shows. We leveraged feedback from this fan base to develop products that are easy to use and beautifully designed.
Located in Lower Queen Anne, near the Space Needle, our office loves working hard and playing hard. In addition to creating great products in a rapidly evolving industry, our staff enjoys activities like movie outings, morning golf, and in-office ping-pong, along with weekly team lunches and happy hours.
As TV News Writer and Social Media Strategist, you will report to BuddyTV’s Managing Editor and be part of the Editorial and Content team. Your passion for TV and trends will be the driving force around creative content production with tight deadlines. You will be trained start-to-finish on publishing content from the latest TV news, spoilers, photo galleries to focused discussion topics on the latest plot developments and fun evergreen listicles.
You will also be responsible for growing our Facebook and Twitter communities and maximizing referral traffic to BuddyTV.com. You will execute a robust social-sharing strategy across nearly 100 Facebook fan pages and Twitter feeds. At the same time, you will also help design and guide our strategy so that we can respond to future trends in online publishing.
You will gain valuable experience in web publishing, audience development, and social media marketing with one of the leading technology companies in the TV space.
- A demonstrated passion for social media and a strong understanding of the latest social trends.
- Ability to write killer headlines (hint: you can wow us with your application subject line).
- Inveterate TV and entertainment enthusiast; must love everything TV, from Netflix originals to reality TV and celebrity news.
- Experience creating and publishing content online, then sharing that content on Facebook and Twitter.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web analytics (Facebook Insights and Google Analytics a plus).
- Familiarity with BuddyTV’s editorial content and social media pages.
- HTML programming skills and/or desire to learn web programming a bonus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Software & Services Media Manager
Rachel oversees VIZIO’s BuddyTV website to deliver engaging content to customers and fans who are interested in all things television. She also directs social media and content creation.
Back to top