Senior Software Engineer-R&D
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers.
Inscape (an Affiliate of VIZIO Inc.) is an industry leader in advertising solutions through automatic content recognition. We capture live viewing data from content sources across millions of Smart TVs and devices. Our comprehensive metrics deliver highly accurate, cross-platform viewing behavior. We enable advertisers and content producers with important insights that help them develop a deeper understanding of audiences, make more intelligent ad-buying decisions and be better prepared for changes in the market place. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer-R&D to be based in our San Francisco, CA offices.
The Senior Software Engineer-R&D will:
- Effectively communicates and gathers requirements with the Product team
- Understands thoroughly the current algorithms and software ecosystem
- Supports and build frameworks for prototyping and testing new algorithms and technologies
- Keeps up a fast iteration of proposing hypotheses, prototyping the solutions, testing, analyzing results and then modifying the hypotheses
- Assists with communicating the expected costs and benefits of new algorithms and solutions with executive management
- Documents the expected behavior and performance boundaries of an implemented solution to project management
- Creates clear and readable technical specifications for the implementation of proposed solutions to the affected engineering team
- Communicates closely with the engineering department during implementation of proposed solution
Required Skills & Experience:
• At minimum 5-10 years experience as a software engineer or software architect
• Demonstrated strong ability to focus and persist in solving tough problems
• Demonstrated strong problem solving techniques in data analysis and debugging
• Excellent grasp of computer science data structures and concepts, such as time complexity
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated creative talent or outside the box solutions
• Competency in the following programming languages: SQL, C, Python
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous patent invention or co-invention is a plus
• Must demonstrate ability to work remotely successfully
• BS or MS in Computer Science or Mathematics
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top