Senior Software Engineer-R&D
Inscape (an Affiliate of VIZIO Inc.) is an industry leader in advertising solutions through automatic content recognition. We capture live viewing data from content sources across millions of Smart TVs and devices. Our comprehensive metrics deliver highly accurate, cross-platform viewing behavior. We enable advertisers and content producers with important insights that help them develop a deeper understanding of audiences, make more intelligent ad-buying decisions and be better prepared for changes in the market place.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer - R&D to be based in our San Francisco, CA offices.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime at Inscape Datas Skunkworks. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, our Skunkworks engineers work on real problems that effect our core competency and realize the vision of Inscape. Our R&D team is not cloistered in a secret lab but integrated tightly with engineering, allowing us to collect large amounts of test data and deploy promising ideas broadly and quickly.
Inscape Data has a unique technology stack that is a reflection of the unique task for real time content recognition simultaneously on more than ten million TVs. Along with the primary focus above there will be the additional responsibility of having a deep understanding of the current core architecture and algorithmic workings.
You are self driven, pragmatic and highly productive, excellent at managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables, adapting to changes and setbacks in order to manage pressures, demonstrating and applying theories through efforts to develop new and improved products, processes, or technologies. You will be expected to collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and with the engineers who will be deploying your solutions. This position requires a passion for creating new products and systems that are magnitudes improvement over current working systems.
The Skunkworks R&D department is a fastly iterative, highly collaborative environment focused on new product development, improved product development, and scientific research with the capital to go down rabbit holes to pursue the best new technologies. We are looking forward to you joining the team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
● Support and build frameworks for prototyping and testing new algorithms and technologies
● Contribute productively to a fast productive cycle of proposing ideas, prototyping implementations, testing, and analyzing results
● Examine the expected costs and benefits of new algorithms and solutions
● Documents the expected behavior and performance boundaries of an implemented solutions
● Create clear and readable technical specifications for the implementation of proposed solutions to the affected engineering team
● Communicate closely with the engineering department to assist in deployment of solutions
● Collaborate with other Skunkworks team members toward project goals
Skills & Knowledge: Knowledge of general programming methodologies, processes and best practices.
● 5+ years experience as a software engineer or software architect
● Strong problem solving techniques in data analysis and debugging
● Excellent grasp of computer science data structures and concepts
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills
● Competency in a majority of the following programming languages: SQL, C, Go, Python
● Strong experience with Linux and AWS
● Previous patent experience is a plus
Inscape Data, Inc, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top