Senior Software Engineer, Web Applications
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers.
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer, Web Application at our Seattle, WA offices.
The Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focus on the SmartCast product line. You will own various components of the SmartCast platform customer experience. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry.
The Software Engineer, Web Application will be responsible for architecting solutions for our platform web applications to enhance the SmartCast platform experiences on our TVs. Along with the above primary focus there will be additional responsibilities of handling the architecture of build and deployment infrastructures along with any internal tools required for these experiences.
You will implement features on SmartCast to deliver user-facing products. You will need to adequately handle architecting solutions for longevity, flexibility, and cost-effective solutions all while performing at scale.
You will be expected to collaborate with designers, product managers, program managers, fellow team members, and vendors. You are self-driven and pragmatic, with an ability to execute in an agile environment. You will have the ability to have a strong influence on the overall SmartCast product by pushing best practices and delivering quality code to our consumers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and architect web applications.
- Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
- Write unit tests to cover all requirements/functionality.
- Work with designers and tech team to optimize solutions for speed, beauty, and product effectiveness.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience with HTML and CSS, including concepts like layout and performance optimization
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Experience working on embedded systems
- Tools (Build Tools, Gulp, Grunt, Debuggers, Profilers, IDEs)
- Best Practices (DOM manipulation, CSS, Garbage Collection, I/O, etc)
- Styling Languages (CSS3, Less, Sass, Stylus, etc)
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top