Senior Software Engineer II
- Dallas, TX
About the Team:
VIZIO is seeking an energetic Sr Software Engineer – Platform and Firmware Development in our Dallas location who will play a key role in elevating the quality of our SmartTV user experience. Our award-winning SmartCast system is used by millions of people every day. We work with dozens of app developers and have a database of millions of movies, shows, and programs and have top-notch software engineers. That's where you come in! As a member of our fast-paced group, you will be part of an organization which is responsible for powering the SmartTV experience across our entire VIZIO lineup.
- You'll have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer science or Electronics or Electrical engineering
- You'll 7+ years of experience in architecture & design, prototyping, software development & implementation plan, code review and unit testing for consumer electronic devices
What You Will Do:
- Work in porting software for various embedded devices, single page web-application development, embedded application development.
- Work in application framework for native and web applications, graphics engine & windowing system development.
- Video player development and digital video standards such as HLS, DASH, EME, MSE, MPEG2-TS, SCTE-35, Closed Captioning
- Code using Object Oriented Concepts, Operating System Concepts and Inter process communication.
- Work in source control systems such as git, svn, clear-case.
- Work in device driver development, kernel, and firmware software technologies.
- Create software architecture, develop methodologies, triage, debug, and release a high-quality features E2E in a complex heterogeneous environment.
- Create HAL layers, Platform SDK.
- Work with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and OSI models.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top