Senior Software Engineer I
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver the ultimate entertainment experience through our community of connected consumers, advertisers, and media content providers. Through our connected entertainment platform, VIZIO is transforming the way consumers discover and experience media content. Since our founding in California in 2002, VIZIO has built an industry-leading brand of products, including televisions, sound bars and other devices. VIZIO's product leadership is highlighted by a number of industry reviews and awards, making the 2018 collection the most awarded in company history.
Our Seattle and Dallas locations are fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environments that primarily focus on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer at our Seattle, WA offices.
You will be responsible for working closely with other software engineers, program managers, product managers, and designers in developing the client software for our SmartCastTV platform. Candidates should be passionate about the web technology stack, as well as building exciting consumer-oriented software.
- Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions.
- Implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines.
- Keeps track of technical debt in codebase and fixes bugs in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with managers and other component owners to set priorities for client development efforts.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Shares responsibility for consumer experience & production support with other key members of team.
- Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of frontend web development experience, at least 2 years in a commercial environment for a consumer-facing product.
- Strong understanding of web application development, client-side storage and caching, DOM manipulation, performance optimization, offline-first methodologies, as well as current and near-future browser API support for HTML5 features.
- Proficient with CSS and experience with preprocessors such as Less, Sass, Stylus, etc.
- Knowledge of tools such as Build Tools, Webpack, Babel, Gulp, Grunt, Debuggers, Profilers, IDEs
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and performance tune software code.
- Excellent communications skills; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt to the level and nature of their audience.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and functional programming paradigms.
- Experience with the web technology stack in embedded systems contexts.
- Highly proficient with VueJS.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and TypeScript.
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top