Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
- Seattle, WA
Position: Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
Location: Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, or Dallas, TX
About The Team:
VIZIO is seeking a Software Engineer for VIZIO's Software Engineering team. The successful candidate will play an important role in leading other software engineers in developing the company's software infrastructure. The candidate will work closely with other software engineers, technical leads, and program managers. In summary, this new addition to our team will implement and test software related to our software/services.
- 10+ years of experience with software engineering
- Expert ability to write code and debug large existing codebases
- Experience building single-page web apps utilizing modern technologies such as Service Workers, Web Workers, and IndexedDB.
- Strong experience with one or more strongly typed language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, Git, Github, and code branching/merging strategies
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong engineering design patterns to promote loosely coupled systems
- Very strong OOP skills with ability to evaluate code designs with respect to maintainability
- Deep understanding of web technologies, HTTP protocol
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to write thorough software design specification documents.
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision from manager, to achieve engineering goals
What You Will Do:
- Implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for testing code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
- Manages programming tasks and ensures they are worked on in priority order as determined by their manager.
- Keeps track of bugs in the code, and provides fixes in a timely manner.
- Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
- Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
- Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top