Senior Software Engineer
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be based in our Seattle, WA offices.
As a Senior Software Engineer within VIZIO's Software Engineering team, the successful candidate will play an important role leading other software engineers in developing the company's software infrastructure. In summary, this new addition to our team will: Design, Implements, and Test software related to our website and software/services.
The Senior Software Engineer will:
- Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions
- Leads a small team of developers and also contributes individually.
- Designs and implements software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for testing code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
- Manages programming tasks and ensures they are worked on in priority order as determined by their manager.
- Keeps track of bugs in the code, and provides fixes in a timely manner.
- Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
- Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
- Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science, or minimum of 5-10 years of experience coding in a commercial environment
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to troubleshoot and performance tune software code
- Expertise with .NET 4.0+ and C#
- Experience working with RDBMS and MongoDB
- Experience managing others and/or serving as a technical lead
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
- Understanding of industry standards, best practices, and emerging technologies
- Understanding of related software and platforms
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Solid knowledge of Windows operating systems
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top