Senior Software Engineer, Android
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking an Senior Software Engineer, Android at our Seattle, WA offices.
The person selected for this position will work on the SmartCast product line to:
- implement Android applications and user experiences on TV, mobile devices, and tablets
- fix issues reported by QA and the public
- integrate Android applications into an IoT architecture
- ensure software conforms to security, architectural, performance, and scaling requirements.
- perform code reviews; review, analyze and assess code provided by third party vendors
- collaborate with project managers and fellow team members
- participate in daily standups, scrums, and other tasks associated with an agile environment.
- provide some direction an technical guidance to junior engineers
- Monitor and maintain build servers
The Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative startup like environment that primarily focus on the SmartCast product line. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience and/or training in embedded engineering is a plus.
- A minimum education level of: B.S. in Computer Science, Embedded Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Years of related work experience: 4+
- Background in Java and Android Environments.
- Understanding and command of Android application build pipelines. Confident across the entire application lifecycle -- concept, requirements, prototype, implementation, testing, deployment, production.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle and agile development
- Experience with API Documentation: Javadoc/Swagger/RAML/API Blueprint, etc.
- Experience with Network Stack, IoT, Websockets, BLE, Soft AP, etc.
- Experience with Java/Kotlin
- End to end testing, building out testing harnesses
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from team mates, partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- At least one original app in the play store is a plus.
- Training or experience in embedded engineering is a plus.
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Back to top