Senior Software Engineer, Ads
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Ads to be based in our Seattle office. The Senior Software Engineer, Ads within VIZIO's Software Engineering team, this individual plays an important role working closely with all the other software engineers in developing our software infrastructure. In summary this position: Designs, implements, and tests software related to our website, services, and monetization.
The Senior Software Engineer, Ads Duties & Responsibilities:
Software Infrastructure Development:
- Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions.
- Implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines.
Software QA Testing:
- Responsible for testing their own code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
- Keeps track of bugs in their code, and fixes bugs in a timely manner.
Operational Planning and Execution:
- Manages programming tasks and works on them in priority order as determined by their manager.
- Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
- Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Leads junior engineers through coaching and mentoring as necessary.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Knowledge of general programming methodologies, processes and best practices.
- Requires knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and performance tune software code.
- Experience with .NET and C#.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
- Understanding of industry standards, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of related software and platforms.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Solid knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Able to effectively convey technical aspects to Senior Leadership and other members of the software team.
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science, or minimum of 4 years of experience coding in a commercial environment.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top