Senior Program Manager I
- Denver, CO
Title: Senior Program Manager
About The Team:
VIZIO is looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager to help guide our Platform Cloud Services team. In this role you will collaborate with software development managers and engineers to plan and execute software projects from start to finish, working with teams in a Scrum/Agile software model. This role will provide opportunities for both strategic and tactical support, as you help to write user stories, plan sprints, and ensure that customer, partner and internal cross-functional requirements are understood and communicated clearly. Acting as a Scrum Master in the development process, you will anticipate and take action to mitigate risks and impediments throughout the lifecycle of a project. As a VIZIO Program Manager, you help our teams to increase predictability, transparency and reliability of software and services delivery.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Program Manager
- You have managed several software development efforts in a PM role from start to finish
- You are an optimist and seek to find and develop strong relationships and improve processes
- You are proactive and seek to build reliability, transparency and predictability into the SDLC
- You work well with rapidly shifting priorities and ambiguity
- You have outstanding communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Bonus: You have prior experience working with Atlassian products and AWS
What You Will Do:
- Act as the Scrum Master for the engineering team, managing Scrum processes using Atlassian software. This includes administrative duties in JIRA and Confluence as well as other software development tools.
- Create user stories and tasks based on product requirements. Collaborate with QA on acceptance criteria and verify test cases are understood, communicated and executed.
- Triage product issues reported by engineers, testers and users to schedule bug fixes based on priority.
- Program/Project manage software build, testing and release activities including delivery of release notes to multiple stakeholders.
- Track the engineering build schedule, creating and maintaining tasks in the backlog.
- Work with engineering teams to track progress and align development tasks to product roadmap.
- Communicate with team members and stakeholders regarding delivery status, dependencies, and risks against agreed objectives.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top