Senior Program Manager I
- Irvine, CA
About the Team:
This position oversees Program Management for SOC Software product development across multiple platforms and product categories such as TV, and Sound bar products. It involves working with ODMs, platform providers, software developers and quality assurance testers to produce and deliver quality Software platforms for consumer electronics applications. This position requires someone who can provide both technical and personal leadership. This candidate should be technically proficient with TV and Audio platforms and have a working knowledge of Linux and Android embedded architectures. Applicant should be expert in project management software and tools like JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, etc. The teams delivering the software are globally based, so we expect candidates to have excellent communication skills and experience working with globally distributed development teams. As a member of the product team, this position must have the skill set to do overall schedule assessments in order to manage vendors and to communicate extremely effectively both internally and externally. As a critical technology area, this role provides excellent career growth opportunities.
- Passion and experience delivering high quality products. This PM will be instrumental in ensuring product success.
- Detailed understanding of the embedded software development and testing for consumer electronics; hands-on experience with actual software development is required
- Extremely detailed & clear communication Skill
- Clear understanding on Schedule Deadlines and knowing when to incl. management team specially on critical issues.
- Proven track record of managing programs in high tech industry
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Proven ability to plan and deliver quality software
- Program management, driving and communication skills, effectively managing projects and working with global cross-functional teams
- Ability to relentlessly track and follow-up on open issues and action items
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively in a highly dynamic environment
- Must be very good with logistics, planning, well organized, detailed and resourceful
- Self-starter with the ability to work through ambiguity and evolving requirements
- Working with multiple program tasks, setting the right priorities and understanding program needs
- Fluent with using issue-tracking software applications, such as Jira, Bugzilla, or Issue Tracker and Radar
- Fluent with team collaboration & testing software applications, such as Confluence, TestRail and Slack
- PMP or CSDP certificate is highly desirable
- Must be able to travel worldwide to vendors during planning and critical development stages
What You Will Do:
- Manage all ongoing TV and Audio Software programs across multiple vendors
- Plan, schedule and coordinate software platform development
- Generate detailed program development plans with cross-functional teams' consensus that meet corporate business goals.
- Manage OTT App Partner Certification schedule
- Review Vendor & App Partner open issues, drive corrective action plans, coordinate SW release schedules and tracking SW sign off
- Manage JIRA bug scrub with all stakeholder such as SOC, ODMs and Internal team members
- Participate in daily and sometimes nightly SOC product meetings
- Work with the Quality/Eng/Prod Mgmt teams on product issues and driving resolutions in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Quality/Eng/Prod Mgmt team to deploy major software releases to consumers.
- Support Product Mgmt team to prepare major software release note to Customer Support team.
- Follow up any Software Field issues with SOC and make incremental software improvements.
- Present program plans to senior management
- Regularly generate and present program status to management staff
- Interact with Product Marketing and Product Management to define program plans and meet NPI schedules and goals
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (incl. Business Dev, Business Planning, Prod Marketing, Prod Mgmt, Eng., Quality) throughout the planning and execution phase
- Make sure that lessons-learned from predecessor programs are incorporated into new programs
- Identify risk areas and develop mitigation plans as required to meet quality, schedule and cost targets
- Participate in roadmap reviews
- Understand user conceptual requirements and needs
- Set high standards for personal and team interaction. Facilitate the resolution of complex team issues, build consensus, maintain process focus, overcome barriers, encourage and inspire other team members and foster relationships with other team leaders
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $112,634/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.
Back to top