Senior Manager, Product Marketing - HDTV
- Irvine, CA
This individual contributor will be part of the product marketing team at VIZIO, focused on bringing the best CE products to market. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of product positioning, consumer segmentation, product messaging, Go-To-Market launch planning, including packaging, out-of-box and partner marketing programs, especially in the context of consumer electronics or technology categories.
- Develop product positioning, branding, messaging and consumer segmentation for new products through analysis and understanding of competitive landscape, consumer demand and technology roadmaps
- Responsible for putting together a comprehensive Go-To-Market strategy for VIZIO's HDTV category
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user.
- Work closely with various cross-functional teams (internally, eternally) to execute on the Go-To-Market launch plan
- Develop, maintain and communicate consistent messaging guides, positioning statements, presentations and identity guidelines for the product portfolio
- Oversee and manage external marketing agencies based on the project – PR, Video, Research, Merchandising.
- Optimize the out-of-box experience, including packaging, documentation, setup and materials that facilitate in-store display for new product introductions, in collaboration with internal teams and external vendors, supplier and partners
- Collaborate with strategic product technology or service partners on product marketing programs and promotions
- Support logo and trademark development for new technologies and product sub-brands, in collaboration with product, legal, sales and marketing teams
- Ensure timely and accurate product updates are tracked and communicated internally, both pre- and post-launch
- Support all aspects of the launch, including press events and other corporate events
- Recap/report on various marketing activities and measure ROI
- Support the overall marketing organization and assist with other special projects as needed
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills. Collaborative team spirit.
- Excellent project management and time management skills: able to juggle multiple projects and timelines in collaboration with internal and external teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong creative acumen as it relates to product packaging, video creative and website education.
- Fluency in MS Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop or graphic design skills a plus
- 12+ years of experience in product marketing, launching consumer electronics products. Audio category experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Excellent understanding of product positioning, consumer purchasing behavior and user experience principles, especially in the CE, Audio or consumer technology categories with retail, mass merchant or club channel experience a plus.
- Experience managing strategic partnerships and co-marketing programs.
- Demonstrated success in managing product launch workflow and deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work.
Back to top