Senior Embedded Engineer
- Dallas, TX
About the Team:
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to deliver Inscape's ACR and DAI client on multiple television platforms. The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will work with product and OEM engineers to build out cutting edge content recognition and direct advertisement insertion functionality.
- 7+ years proven work experience in software engineering
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C and C++ a must, python experience a plus
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Strong documentation and writing skills
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop, code, test and debug embedded software on Vizio and partner television platforms from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Integrate and validate new product designs with the Inscape cloud system
- Support internal software, product, and QA teams
- Assess third party and open source software
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of platform resources
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $111,376/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.
Back to top