Senior Ad Tech Engineer
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers.
We are currently seeking a Senior Ad Tech Software Engineer to be based in our Seattle, WA offices. As a Senior Ad Tech Engineer within VIZIO's Software Engineering team, the successful candidate will focus on implementing and maintaining our entire ad-tech and stack for our software services. This will involve coordinating with internal and external teams to configure our inventory of display and video ads.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement/maintain Ad Tech Stack
• Gather requirements to design and evolve our ad-tech stack.
• Work with partners to ensure all ads are working correctly and have proper tracking and reporting
• Optimize our use of segments, DMPs, SSPs, ad exchanges, bidding to maximize our revenue.
• Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions.
• Keeps track of bugs in their code, and fixes in a timely manner.
• Uses various programming/scripting languages to write production code and/or internal tools.
Operational Planning and Execution
• Manages tasks and works on them in priority order as determined by their manager.
• Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
• Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Recommends changes and improvements in the overall process.
• Stays up-to-date with current ad technology, development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of tasks assigned.
• Provides information and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing monetization reports in areas of ownership.
- 3+ Years working in media / content publishing / ad tech industry
- 3+ Years experience working with DFP or analogous ad server technology
- Strong understanding of ad tech stack, ad exchanges, ad servers, and digital marketing technology
- Deep understanding of web-tracking and ad tagging technologies
- Expert level understanding of video advertising standards (VPAID / VAST / IAB Standards)
- Familiarity with DMPs (Data Management Platform) and advanced targeting / segmenting
- Knowledge of programmatic sales solutions (DSPs, SSPs, Ad Networks)
- Demonstrable experience with ad performance optimization
- Familiarity building out programmatic capabilities / header bidding
- Ability to stay up to date with new IAB specifications, technologies, and industry initiatives
- Customer facing technical integration and debugging experience
- Outstanding communication, presentation skills, and project management capabilities
- Hands on experience with a front-end framework, such as Angular, Ember, React , VueJS
- Formal training in Engineering / Computer Science
- Professional software development experience
- Experience with .NET, C#, Databases
- Knowledge of ad servers and digital marketing technology
- Experience with server side ad Insertion techniques
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Senior Director Of Product Marketing
Robynne ensures VIZIO’s go-to-market strategies are spot on before coordinating the resources needed to execute them. Then she works across teams to introduce new products to the market.
Back to top