Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and America's #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking a Security Analyst at our Dallas, TX office.
As the Information Security Analyst within VIZIO's Information Technology team, this individual plays an important role working closely with the business and across the Information Technology organization to provide effective information technology security. In summary this position: works on information security problems that are diverse and highly complex; selects methods and techniques for identifying and advocating effective security solutions; develops approaches to address critical information security issues and develops and administers schedules and performance requirements. This individual reports into our Sr. Manager – IT Security and Network Systems in our Dallas office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Defines and implements information security strategies and procedures.
- Works with engineering teams to define and refine information security and systems management policies and settings.
- Monitors and assesses vendor and 3rd party information security reports/lists.
- Evaluates new and emerging products, technologies and make recommendations to leadership concerning introduction of new technologies.
- Coordinates, administers, manages and monitors the use of access control systems security tools and intrusion detection systems to identify anomalous events and security infractions that exploit system vulnerabilities.
- Integrates information security controls into an environment to identify risks and reduce their impact.
- Provides analysis of potential risk to information security and recommends solutions.
- Creates and maintains information security documentation.
- Communicates information security procedures to users.
- Reviews and recommends changes to information security policies.
- Provides analysis of potential risk to information security and recommends innovative solutions.
- Provides information to leadership regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
- Employs statistical and trend analyses and report results.
- May lead information security phases of IT projects.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the Globally Accepted Information Security Principles and relevant administration and technology skills.
- Good understanding of networking technologies.
- Contributes to cost- benefit analysis to justify investment in security controls to mitigate risks.
- Knowledge of basic principles, methods, technologies and practices of a professional/technical field.
- Apply a basic understanding of the underlying principles of a professional discipline - typically obtained through formal study.
- General knowledge of procedures and activities within own work area.
- Ability to relate actual day-to-day work to business priorities.
- Focused on learning the key aspects and duties of the job being performed.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt to the level and nature of their audience.
Successful candidates in this position can expect to advance their career within the Security Analysis family of jobs in VIZIO's Information Technology organization.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Meet Some of VIZIO's Employees
Crystal S.Associate Market Insight Manager
Crystal works to understand industry trends and risks, then prepares easy-to-understand reports to distribute across the company so that everyone is aware of potential strengths and weaknesses.
Back to top