Principal Software Engineer I
- Denver, CO
About The Team:
VIZIO is seeking a Principal Software Engineer I to deliver the latest SmartCast TV and Sound Bar Technology. We are skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture. At VIZIO we're built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We're focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don't focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we're most excited about). Now we need a brilliant Principal Software Engineer I to join us and own the development of our features through the full-release lifecycle.
- You have a BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- You have 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You have experience with object-oriented design of algorithms.
- You are highly skilled in at least one modern programming language. (Ex. Node.js, Kotlin, Swift, Python, C++ or Java)
- You have knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, test-driven development, continuous deployments, and agile methodologies.
- You have exposure to operating large-scale distributed systems, including security, defining and monitoring service metrics, infrastructure management and scaling, and devops best practices.
- You have outstanding communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- You have extensive experience operating large-scale distributed systems, including security, defining and monitoring service metrics, infrastructure management and scaling, and devops best practices.
- You're the one who makes user experience brilliant, and you have a passion for developing innovative solutions
- You're the person your team trusts with their secrets. You know how to be tactful and supportive
- Collaboration is fun and easy for you. You are self-driven, but you enjoy sharing and mentoring your team, and when a decision has been made, you're happy to support it
- You're experienced with cross-platform development, and you have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle
- You're confident in your abilities to command and understand application build pipelines and share those with your team in a way they can understand
- You're experienced in system design and development, but you are also a powerful leader, which means you stay accountable for your successes and shortcomings
What You Will Do:
- Taking ownership of releasing new features that delight our customers and being empowered to collaborate so your team can excel.
- Directly impacting the VIZIO SmartCast experience for our customers by incorporating customer feedback in the new features you developed.
- Delivering features that are flexible, cost-effective, maintainable and long-lasting, at-scale.
- Managing the end-to-end testing of the features you implemented and sharing your findings with your team.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Back to top